Furry Friends Health Benefits
Here at Abingdon Olive Oil Company (AOOC) we love to teach you about all the health benefits you receive from having a high quality extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) in your diet every day.
But did you know that your extra virgin olive oil also holds enormous benefits for your pets as well?
*Jump ahead to Olive Oil Serving Sizes for Pets
Choose one of the links below to learn more about how AOOC Extra Virgin Olive Oil helps your pet:
- Decreases the risk of heart disease & Type 2 Diabetes
- Eases joint pain or arthritis in older dogs & cats
- Helps to boost immune system
- Increases energy
- Promotes weight loss
- Remedies dry, flaky skin
- Helps with fur balls and constipation in cats
So why should you use Abingdon Olive Oil Company’s Furry Friends Special Blend for your pets?
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil has a lower acid content, which is best for your pets.
Just like for people, grocery store olive oil is not good for your pets! You want to make sure the olive oil you use in your pet’s diet is first-pressed, cold-pressed to make sure it has the most benefits for your pet.
- Rich in antioxidants including vitamin E and it’s a good source of phytonutrients (help prevent disease and keep body working properly)
- The polyphenols and carotenoids help to improve immune system health.
These also help to prevent cognitive decline (dementia/Alzheimers) as pets age, as well as improve overall brain health.
- Rich in oleic acid, which is shown to reduce risk for cancer.
Benefits of using Extra Virgin Olive Oil in your pet’s daily diet:
AOOC Extra Virgin Olive Oil is filled with healthy monosaturated fats, which can reduce your pet’s risk for heart disease and diabetes. The oleic acid found in high quality extra virgins also has been shown to reduce the risk of cancer.
EVOO is important for senior dogs who can suffer from hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, arthritis, and osteoarthritis. Just like the phenols in Abingdon Olive Oil Co.'s EVOO can help people with their arthritis, pets can also experience relief from joint pains.
The polyphenols and carotenoids in EVOO help to improve your pet’s immune system. Just like people, pets can get sick when the weather changes, so it’s important to add a little AOOC extra virgin olive oil to their daily diet to keep their immune systems strong to help fight off infections.
When you give your pet Abingdon Olive Oil Company's EVOO daily their overall health will improve; therefore, you should see an improvement in their energy levels! When your pet is getting all the vitamins and nutrients they need in their diet, they will feel 10x better and you will be able to tell!
Regular use of AOOC extra virgin will help to promote weight loss and management for your pet. The monosaturated fats in extra virgin olive oil help to break down the fat inside of fat cells and lower cholesterol. Adding small amounts of olive oil to your pet's food helps to stimulate their digestive system as olive oil acts as a laxative.
AOOC olive oil can be used topically if your dog (or cat) has dry, flaky skin; however, adding it to their diet is the least messy way to get it into their system and prevent dry skin. With regular consumption, you will notice your pet’s coat improve and their fur will become shinier. The Omega 3 fatty acids help to moisturize the skin and prevent flakes from returning. When using consistently, you should see an improvement in skin condition in as little as 3 days!
Many cats suffer from constipation, and in some cases, it can even lead to death. The laxative effects of olive oil help to keep your cat’s system regular. In additon to this, AOOC olive oil can help to cure hairballs! If your cat is suffering from excessive fur balls, try adding 1 teaspoon of AOOC extra virgin olive oil in their food for 3 days and you should see an improvement! (After this period, you should switch back to the regular serving size of olive oil for your cat!)
- Reduces shedding and dandruff
- Supports muscle functionality
- Reduces risk of stroke
- Flea control- To apply rub EVOO in hand and massage directly into pet's fur/skin, wait 3-4 hours, rinse oil off fur. This will help to eliminate existing fleas as well as prevent them in the future
- Prevent ear infections (follow instruction below for how to use olive oil in your pet’s ears)
- To warm olive oil to pet's body temperature- set small bowl of olive oil in larger bowl of warm water
- Add a few drops (1-2) of warmed oil into ear with dropper/syringe
- Massage in circular motion
- Repeat this 5 times for each ear
- When done, allow pet to shake head for 5 minutes
- Clean outer part of ear with cotton balls and a clean towel
- Adult Dogs: 1 tsp per 15 lbs (dog weight) per meal, but no more than a ½ Tbsp at any one meal. Mix with your dog's usual food.
- Puppies: ⅓ tsp per 10 pounds, no more than a ½ tsp at any one meal.
- Cats: 1 tsp every 3 days.
(*Do not overfeed your pet olive oil as it can lead to diarrhea. If your dog is experiencing major issues start with using olive oil in both meals, but as conditions improve reduce to one serving of oil per day!)
(Abingdon Olive Oil Company mascot, Olivia Olive, with a furry friend!)
For more information about using olive oil for your pets, visit the following links:
There are no products listed under this category.